Very important Clinical Research Mock Interview Questions
1. Can you describe a piece of work, which you found particularly difficult in your current or last job? What did you do? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?
As I am a fresher i didn’t faced such a issues.
The issue was regarding counselling the patient for a prenatal diagnostic test. The patient was frightend and was not ready to take up the test, had to take take personal care and sessions to make her understand about the necessity of the test.
- Tell us about a piece of clinical work that has been difficult/challenging for you. How did you deal with the challenge? How did it make you feel personally? How do you deal with your won stress in these situations?
Enrolling subjects is critical activity, though the study is clearly explained it is the matter of getting acceptance from the subject to involve in clinical trail, in such cases soft approach and clearing their doubts make sense and valuable.
- Tell me what you feel are the beginning steps for every clinical research project?
Clinical research starts after the drug screening and pre-clinical phase , begining of clinical trials need first planing of trial process with all its resources and protocol designing for utilizing the resources and timely completing all trial phases with its proper complete reporting.
clinical research starts after the drug screening and pre-clinical phase , begining of clinical trials need first planing of trial process with all its resources and protocol designing for utilizing the resources and timely completing all trial phases with its proper complete reporting.
Clinical research is a multi step interdisciplinary project where it starts right from planning the hypothesis to an extensive pre clinical research, followed by application of IND, the three important phases and NDA application with post marketing PV or drug monitoring activities also known as Phase IV. A proper clinical data management process is also required to be implemented on lines with the conduction of trial.
- Talk about a case you have worked on with a client. Did you enjoy it? What did you base it on? How? Did it help?
I enjoyed to help terminally ill patients.
- If you were to start your career again what would you change?
i would change the way I approached things. i would definitely be more confident and make choices without second guessing myself.
- What do you know about the research this organization has done?
The Interviewee should be aware about the organization that what has done? [at least briefly]
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of working in a multi-disciplinary team?
disadvantages: working with difficult team members, opposing opinions, conflicting schedules.
Advantages: support system, variety of opinions and skills, comprehensive plan.
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
I would like to grow my career along with the organization.
In a senior operations or a senior management position.
- Why do you want a job in Clinical Research?
The demand for Clinical research industry is on the rise.some 15 to 20 years back the exposure to clinical research was not much as a result any new drug takes more time to come into market. but as now the situation has changed to certain extent cos of the rapid growth in clinical research which can be very beneficial for the society as a whole.
Coming from a relevant background(specify your research or at least life science or medical background)and having a training/internship or (if you are a fresher then recourse to research papers and methodologies)i feel myself a very viable candidate for the job as it matches my skills and relevant expertise therefore helping me to look ahead for a longer run in this field.
Clinical Research helps in studying the various parameters in diagnosing and treating the various diseases. Important factors like Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics. We can treat the disease according to age group upto severity of disease.
Clinical research field is booming now and i am interested in research field.
- What aspects of your current job do you particularly enjoy? What aspects do you find demanding and difficult? How do you deal with these issues?
This will be a very interest cause it is related to a patient’s history,new diseases and also we can learn so many new things, so I would like to do this job.
I enjoy the supervision and administration part of my job.The subordinates sometimes are demanding when they are not doing the work as they should.To deal with them I have meetings and inservice education to update everybody.
I enjoy recruiting subjects and PI for new trials. Keeping yourself organized and accurate at the same time can be challenging at times. I have to be very organized and prioritize so all the assignments get done on time.
this job helps with ill patients so i enjoy it. patients adverse effects, allergic reaction this deals with patients history.
i enjoy doing my work accurately. i don feel any thing difficult. i deal properly.
yes i am enjoying my job,my aspects regarding job to inhance my knowledge and contribute to Research organization through my knowledge and skills.
Data collection and entry in to the data base as accurate as possible. Contacting clinician and sponsers to keep them informed about the progress. allowing more time for these tasks.
I enjoy getting to know the ins and outs of the clinical studies I am working on. I think that is an advantage of Clinical Trail associate. One thing I found difficult was communication with foriegn sites. I would often find site monitors lack of communication a problem when ensuring protocol was being followed. In the past, I would just have to find regional sponsors, and keep going above them until I found answers when needed.
I enjoy collecting data on case report form from different patients.Sometimes its very different to handle patients who are not aware of clinical research.I cope with such difficulties by using simple and understandable techniques
I enjoy collecting data from different patients and writing details on case report form.Most difficult task is interaction with patients who doesn’t have my information about clinical trials.I deal with such difficulties by making things simpler.Explaining patients in understandable way.
- Are you more excited to see statistics in research or just like to get straight to the answer?
yes iam interested in seeing the statistics
I am excited to see statistics but I am also interested in who, where and why the research was conducted. We have to remember not to be seduced by the numbers.
- What are you looking for in your next position?
To get fellow ship training in infectious diseases, to become involved in publishing articles.
- Describe your project management experience.
It is a very difficult task to do. The day I started till the end of the Project I was very tensed.
- What do you plan to do once you have finished your training?
I would keep updating myself about latest advancements in the field.
upgrade my knowledge with further job requirements
- How do you feel about safety while conducting research on test subjects?
I make sure subject safety by adhering to ICH GCP, regulatory requirement, protocol compliance
- Are there any gaps in your training to date?
Any investigation in human subjects intended to discover or verify the clinical,pharmacological,and other pharmacological effects of an investigational product.
Clinical trials are a step in medical research conducted to allow safety (or more specifically, information about adverse drug reactions and adverse effects of other treatments) and efficacy data to be collected for health interventions
It is a branch of medical science to access the safety and efficacy f newly investigated products.
clinical research is aimed at improving treatment methods
- How do you control the safety of your research patients?
following the compliance of GCP
- What skills have you acquired that would apply to the position of Clinical Data Manager?
i have acquired an habit of going through many science magazines and articles to keep in touch with recent clinical researches that is going on through out the world…
Organized, time management skills.
- Tell me about yourself.
I am xxx, i am belong to abc, there are n member in my family, i have completed my graduation from …………….., my hobbies are ……………..
- You are on training course with heavy workload and workaholic supervisor and what would you say to the supervisor? How else would you deal with it?
Hi sir,today you gave me heavy work,first i have to learn the basics and the way to work hard.once knowing the process of working,i would have an idea to work hard.gradual increase in the workload may helpful for each and every employee.first i deal with some work after understanding only am going to the heavywork. I am very glad to work under your guidance.
- Tell us about how clinical psychologists are used within a team.
clinical psychologists are used to test human subjects learning & cognitive skills.. to investigate mental disorders, mood & anxiety and depression….
Clinical psychologists are concerned with the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mental disorders.Hence they are a part of the clinical research team.
- Outline the types of clinical trials have you been involved with (eg Phase I, II, III, IV).
Outline the types of clinical trials have you been involved with (eg Phase I, II, III, IV).
Phase 1 clinical trial is to understand the safety of the drug. In which only few healthy volunteers are taken and the process may complete in few months.
- What steps do you take for a general research project?
first to set the main base for what we are doing research , plan the objectives and outcomes for that and the process to achieve that endpoints and outcomes with its SOP to work, And then implement that and work in accordance till the achievement of desired outcomes.
- If you had a dream project, what would it be?
My dream project would be monitoring a new trial conducted in a different base exclusive african countries
It would be scientific writing, where i would get ample opportunities to read about science and of course express myself in writing.
- Describe your experience monitoring trials to GCP/ICH standards.
My total experience in Monitoring trials is 0 years, as I have been a fresher.
- What do you look for in supervision?
Someone who is direct but also trusts me, and provides autonomy.
- How will your education assist you in contributing to our company?
ALL THE BEST